This year there has been some great books out. Ive found it a bit tough to read and blog as much the last few months due to illnesses and starting 6th form. In the new year i hope to have better health and balance of school and my blog.
I only started blogging early this year and i’ve had a great time in the community.
Today Im going to recommend 5 2018 books that i loved and think people should read.
- Skylarks by Karen Gregory: I think everyone knows this has been my favourite read this year and in a long time. The issues in it are written perfectly and emotionally. You can see my review here Ya Book Review : Skylarks .
- Thats not what happened by Kody Keplinger : I read this in October and i still think about the story and characters now. It was amazing and a unique read due to the reality of school shootings in America. The review is included here Holiday Book Reviews .
- Are we all Lemmings and Snowflakes by Holly Bourne: This was one of my most anticipated releases so when i got an early finished copy at YALC i was so happy and me and Courtney started reading it there. The characters mean a lot to me due to my own struggles. And i enjoyed the Kindness Campaign along side the book which me and Courtney both spread in our local area. My review YA Book Review : Lemmings and Snowflakes .
- How we Roll by Natasha Friend : The story of this book was something i was desperate to own and read as it features a girl with alopecia which is something close to my heart. Ive never read a book with it in so i was so happy with the portrayal and i enjoyed the fact that it showed self acceptance and importance of being happy and not everyone is the same. YA Book Review : How we roll .
- No fixed Address by Susin Nielsen : I loved this book due to many of the aspects. The friendships, romance , family drama as well as life lessons such as fitting in, being happy and money struggles many people face. Also the impact an illness of a parent has on the children. I also loved the aspect of the quiz show which he takes part in. It was written well and in short chapters so its easy to read. I reviewed it here YA Book Review : No Fixed Address
Thanks so much for reading , the support has meant a lot and still does. Have you read any of these? What were your favourite books this year?
Blogmas bookrecommendations Books Uncategorized yabookblog yabookreview yabooks YoungAdultBooks 2018books blogmas2018 Bookmas favouritebooks yabookreccomendation yabookreview yabooks yalgbt yamh yareads yaromance
proud Bookworm and lover of all things books (blogging ,booktube ,listing tbr/upcoming releases, buying ,reading and looking at books , meeting authors and going to events.)